Saturday, February 23, 2013

Ready to Run!

Howdy, Team H.A.R.T.!  I thought this blog might be a good way to keep each other informed, provide status updates, information on the race, and be able to go back and access info without combing through a bunch of emails.  I am (obviously) not a professional blogger, but hopefully this will do the trick!

So, in the spirit of info, I'm re-posting the info I sent via email on Friday, so you can find it again if you need it!  (Scroll dooooooown....)

A couple of reminders:

1.  I need your t-shirt selection (for the ladies - tank or tee), and your size.  If you can send them by next Wednesday, I'll do one big order, and then Jenifer can take them to get our awesome logo printed on them!

Here are the links again:

And here is the logo, if you weren't able to view it from my email (hope you can see it here):

Front
(with the paintbrush potentially removed)

Back
(with perhaps a slight change to "Running with HART!" or "HART breakers" or something like that)
Thank you, Kevin, for this great team name/battle cry, and to Dana, for this great logo!

2.  We need to select a team song - I'm about to send another post with the suggestions so far, and you can add comments to that post with other ideas.  We need to have an awesome team song blasting over the loudspeakers for our debut run around the Gonzales town center!


Friday's email:

Hey team! We have a name! Our team name is Houston Area Relay Team, otherwise known as HART. We will be unleashing HART attacks on all those helpless runners that will be left behind in our dust, staring at the back of our very cool team shirts (discussed below). So prepare for your HART Attack!!
Let me just update everyone on a few things:

First and foremost, it looks like we have a full team! We are currently at 10 confirmed team members, and Robert has 1 other that may be interested - I'm just waiting to hear from them! So we still have room for one, maybe two more, so if you know anyone, they need to register by tomorrow! (Adolfo still has not registered, so I am guessing he's out, but I'll email him separately - and Paul, I never heard from your friend Mike either).
Registered (7):
Robert Archer
Dana Clemens
Caroline Grahmann Gardner (me)
Jenifer Kihm
Paul Morin
Melissa Steward
Kevin Taylor
Confirmed but not yet registered (3):
Hanh Langlinais
Rosie Munive
Simon Crompton
(Hanh and Simon, make sure you register by tomorrow - registration closes tomorrow! Rosie, I'll register you today and you can pay me back since you don't have computer access this weekend - I sent you an email with a few things I need in order to get you registered. Or if it's easier, call me and I can register you while we're on the phone.)

Everyone, meet everyone!

Second, we made a few decisions at the planning meeting last week, to keep things rolling:
- As I mentioned, we agreed on our team name! Kevin Taylor came up with a great idea - our team will be the Houston Area Relay Team, or HART - and our battle cry will be "HART Attack!" Or "You've been HART attacked!" when we are passing hoards of people with our lightning speed. (Kevin is very optimistic about our abilities.)
- Dana Clemens has designed our team logo and it looks awesome! (Scroll down to see it) The heart/HART will be on the front, with our battle cry on the back - so people can see it as we speed by them!
- I thought we could get bright yellow shirts and get them printed with the red logo - I found these Under Armour shirts, and thought they'd be good. If everyone is ok with these, let me know your size (and ladies, if you want tank or short sleeve) and I can go ahead and place one big order so we can take them to get printed all at one time.
ACTION NEEDED: Send me your order!
- Other race details - Jenifer has reserved 2 vans, so that's set. We may have a lead on a house to stay in Friday night, which Melissa is following up on. (Otherwise, we'll probably want to find a few hotel rooms.) Regarding the legs, it was the consensus that we would just run the legs in order. We can assign people to the actual legs later on, but if you want to go check them out, included in the link below are the details of each leg. Jenifer has a complex spreadsheet that we can use to put names to legs!
- If you don't already have one, we will all need headlamps and reflective vests (which we could probably share - at least the vests), but if you want to grab one for yourself, go for it!
I'm sure there are other details I am forgetting, but those are the main things for now! We should try to have another planning meeting once we have all our official team members, so stay tuned for emails about that.
This is going to be a blast - looking forward to running 200 miles with y'all!
Caroline

1 comment:

  1. Random thought: might be a good idea for HART members to create a list of everyone they want to keep informed during the event: friends, family, co-workers, people towards which you have a passive-aggressive relationship with, etc.

    They will get updates from me or one of the volunteers.

    Send names w/ cell# and emails to cindyfeatherston@gmail.com

    I some other social media/technology thoughts.

    ReplyDelete