I am working with Melissa on scheduling a team meeting this week, or possibly the week before the event. We are hoping to have the meeting at St. Theresa's school which is very close to Memorial Park. We are thinking a 6 PM meeting so that we can catch people on their way home from work. However, we can be flexible. Dana, we'll put you on speaker phone!
I will need copies of everyone's driver's licenses at the meeting. More to follow shortly on that.
In general, things are coming together. Briefly:
- I am assuming the leg assignments and van grouping is OK with everyone, as I have not heard any dissent. Please review if you have not done so already to make sure. We can move things around.
- The shirts should arrive at my house Monday. I will take them to the screen printer on Tuesday. It takes a week to print so I might distribute on the Friday night before the event. But, I can make arrangements with those of you who might want them earlier.
- Van 2 team members (Melissa, Dana, Paul, Kevin and me (Jenifer)): I bought some "dog repellent" today and I think we can share it -- so no need to get any on your own.
- Van 2 team members -- The driver I arranged may not be able to join us. If any of you have any friends that want to tag along and help drive that would be great. If we have to drive ourselves, it's not the end of the world.
- I am working on getting signs printed for our vans. I am not quite sure how we attach them to the vans. I think it might be difficult to identify our vans from all the others without signage. Other ideas on that are welcome!
- Caroline and I will pick up the vans and Friday late afternoon. Our current thinking is that we all meet at St. Theresa and van pool from there, if possible. We do not have unlimited mileage on the vans and we will be over the limit just getting to Gonzalez and back, so the less off the path driving the better. Cars can be left safely at the school for the weekend.
- Remember to vote for the song on our blog!
I get home on Friday afternoon, so if you end up meeting this week, and there are any to-do's, just let me know! I just sent an email to the race coordinators to find out when/how we get our starting time. I am also going to make a playlist of Texas songs for our 200-mile journey across Texas! Yee haw!
ReplyDelete